2010年8月12日星期四

不二境界


My artistic practice aims at enquiring into the nature of consciousness, in particular the experience of non-dual consciousness, described by many of the world’s great philosophies and religions, such as Advaita Vedanta and Zen.
They suggest that our consciousness and life itself is in essence a unified whole, peaceful, undivided and limitless, the substratum upon which all of life exists.
Much of my work aims to reflect and explore this state of non-dual awareness and the expression of our Being within the awesome, beautiful and messy wonder of life.
Some of my older work has looked at the formless aspects of consciousness and meditative experience; conveying a sense of limitless space and peace. Not as something separate from the viewer but as immanent within awareness. Qualities that are part and parcel of consciousness itself.
More recent bodies of work such as “Sex, Bombs and Bliss” explored the themes of death, sex and transcendence, and “My Mind is the Sky, My Body is the Sea” looked at the interdependence of man and nature. In these I have tried to grapple with how the sublime, how beauty and sacredness, can be experienced and understood in the midst of experiences like death, war, sex and the awesome forces of nature?
At the core of my creative practice I have always been drawn to the exploration and unfolding of consciousness, of our very Being-ness. This openness of Being, within which life’s many wonders take place, has always amazed me and I hope that my work inspire other’s own enquiry into the nature of awareness, so that then, as the Buddha said of Nirvana, we realise our own consciousness as; “infinite and shining everywhere.”"

没有评论: